Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
thursday night in the midst of fine dining with seth, by that i mean costco of course, i received a text message from one of my roommates with a request for a texas cake that night. it's become somewhat of a tradition amongst my friends to forgo plates in the serving process and just eat straight from the pan- each person creating their own territory of sorts. some of us are a little too o.c.d. to appreciate the abstract art of others, but it's kind of a bonding experience. behold, our thursday night feast:
on friday night i got my hair de-colored and cut. de-colored meaning getting the black removed. in truth, it's hard for the untrained eye to see the difference, but i can. rachel came in to get her hair done and brought me my favorite drink from starbucks. how i love her. later that night, kylee, nat, and i got a little bit fancified and went to a swanky soiree at the silver pearl. it was the mocktail party of the year hosted by the handsome young men pictured below.
marie agreed to meet me at haymarket on saturday morning so that we could take flat stanley around to see the sights. we hit up the major important ones, and he even got a chance to slap some sense into a yankees fan. in the grand tradition of randomness that is mine and marie's fun, we found a ripped up note on the green line, which someone had dropped in a neat pile on the ground. we took it back to the criddles and put it back together, taped it, read it, then put it in an envelope and mailed it to the offender with a note from us reading: "please don't litter." i know that's creepy mccreeperson, but tell me- would you ever litter again with big brother watching so closely?
the picture less portion of the weekend began on saturday night when we met up with laura and jason for dinner at joes and laughed hard enough to drown out the torrential rain outside. my favorite part was the impression that jason gave of a gay camel, as naturally as if he'd been practicing for that moment to arrive all his life. bravo.
sunday was more stake conference followed by the long awaited, much anticipated musical fireside "truth restored", which was organized by the wonderful and talented ms. shields. it was a fantastic event and the spirit was so strong that i could hardly stop crying the entire night- which was bad considering that i was dead center in the first row of the choir. big surprise though, when am i not crying?
all in all, a pretty great boston weekend.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
some things that have been on my mind lately...
- i love las vegas. am i the only one?
- i miss having a car
- spring should stick around at this point, instead of checking in mid-day and checking out by nightfall. dressing in layers is the pits.
- the pits? who says that?
- flat stanley arrived in my mailbox a few days ago. i have promised my nephew that his flat stanley will come back to him having had the adventure of a lifetime, so now i need to find some good places to take pictures, and some sweet souvenirs to send back to his 2nd grade class. anyone have any suggestions?
- john harvard's makes a really good mandarin chicken salad
- flying across the country is ridiculously expensive. like, really, really ridiculously expensive.
- having a real job is a catch-22; working to live, but having no time to live because your working. blah.
- last night nat and i saw the movie leatherheads which is only mildly entertaining and even less interesting. had it been true to history, i might have been interested- or as nat said, at least felt obligated to be interested. short story: red box this one if anything.
- i think i might finally have a firm grasp on boston geography.
- one thing i believe men will never understand is the absolute joy that comes from getting a group of girlfriends together to eat some good food and watch an 80's movie or two.
- i have a $60 gift certificate to costco. do you know how many churros that can buy!?
- i know, i need a new camera
- having a blackberry is detrimental to my sleep patterns. i find myself lying in bed reading blogs and writing emails until all hours of the night.
- i've found that when things are in abundance to me, i lose interest. i used to crave movies, but then i got a tv and dvd player in my room and i lost interest. i crave candy, but when my desk drawer is full of it, i don't want any. if only i had a plethora of men...
- all of the taco bell restaurants found along i-95 south make the most delicious crunchy tacos in the country. believe me, i've tried a lot of taco bells in my day.
- in fact, one time my bros, sister, and mom went camping in cali, at moro bay, and we ate taco bell every day for 10 days straight.
- i miss my family. and taco bell. and california.
okay, enough. thanks for tuning in.
Posted by ju at Wednesday, April 09, 2008