Wednesday, April 09, 2008

gone to carolina in my mind

some things that have been on my mind lately...

  • allergies.
  • i love las vegas. am i the only one?
  • i miss having a car
  • spring should stick around at this point, instead of checking in mid-day and checking out by nightfall. dressing in layers is the pits.
  • the pits? who says that?
  • flat stanley arrived in my mailbox a few days ago. i have promised my nephew that his flat stanley will come back to him having had the adventure of a lifetime, so now i need to find some good places to take pictures, and some sweet souvenirs to send back to his 2nd grade class. anyone have any suggestions?
  • john harvard's makes a really good mandarin chicken salad
  • flying across the country is ridiculously expensive. like, really, really ridiculously expensive.
  • having a real job is a catch-22; working to live, but having no time to live because your working. blah.
  • last night nat and i saw the movie leatherheads which is only mildly entertaining and even less interesting. had it been true to history, i might have been interested- or as nat said, at least felt obligated to be interested. short story: red box this one if anything.
  • i think i might finally have a firm grasp on boston geography.
  • one thing i believe men will never understand is the absolute joy that comes from getting a group of girlfriends together to eat some good food and watch an 80's movie or two.
  • i have a $60 gift certificate to costco. do you know how many churros that can buy!?
  • i know, i need a new camera
  • having a blackberry is detrimental to my sleep patterns. i find myself lying in bed reading blogs and writing emails until all hours of the night.
  • i've found that when things are in abundance to me, i lose interest. i used to crave movies, but then i got a tv and dvd player in my room and i lost interest. i crave candy, but when my desk drawer is full of it, i don't want any. if only i had a plethora of men...
  • all of the taco bell restaurants found along i-95 south make the most delicious crunchy tacos in the country. believe me, i've tried a lot of taco bells in my day.
  • in fact, one time my bros, sister, and mom went camping in cali, at moro bay, and we ate taco bell every day for 10 days straight.
  • i miss my family. and taco bell. and california.

okay, enough. thanks for tuning in.

5 comments:

kendall said...

So many churros!!!

And that might be my favorite line in this blog. Besides the plethora of men.
And thank you for informing me that leatherheads=not good. Cheerio!

NatAttack said...

Geography; what about map reading?

HOW did my sister comment before even I did?

The drunk man in our $9 movie = the best part about Leatherheads.

ju said...

map reading has nothing to do with geography. and that drunk guy wins the oscar for that movie for sure. his commentary made me feel just a tiny bit better about the dent in my wallet. boo on fresh pond for getting rid of cheap movie tuesday.

Lady Bills said...

COSTCO dinner date on JULIE!!! whoo-hoo!

Colleen said...

CHURRO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!