Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Answer the following question* using the data:
What was the maximum temperature in city A on Saturday, May 14?
(1) The average (arithmetic mean) of the maximum daily temperatures in City A from Sunday May 8 to Saturday, May 14 was 72 degrees, which was two degrees less than the average (arithmetic mean) of the maximum daily temperatures in City A from Monday, May 9 to Friday May 13.
(2) The maximum temperature on Saturday, May 14 was 5 degrees greater than the maximum temperature in City A on Sunday, May 8.
this is how my nights are spent. how about you?
*a prize to the first person to answer correctly!
Posted by ju at Thursday, November 15, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
today is my birthday. my 25th birthday. i'm a quarter of a century old. 9,125 days old. 219,000 hours old. 13,140,000 minutes old. 7.9 billion seconds old (i think, but my calculator gave that wierd E in the corner, so i don't know what that means. shouldn't i know at least that by now?)
anyway, here's a look back at some of the momentous, um, moments of my 24th year...
as a 24 year old i:
- became a boston temple worker
- spent new years eve in the hospital and then at the movies
- saw holsts "the planets" performed by the b.s.o. and joshua bell
- took 5 trips to salt lake city,
- 4 trips to columbus
- waited in line to see guster
- sang a duet
- saw jewel for free at south station
- attended a live taping of "this american life" with ira glass
- sold the cheat
- became a youtube star
- went to the bahamas
- attended the marriage of my favorite peeps
- went to phoenix for my first time
- saw a fist fight at the boston pops
- quit my job
- started a new job
- dated a great guy
- went to seattle for my first time
- travelled to anchorage for the first time
- saw bears and porcupines in the wild
- stood on a glacier
- saw ben folds perform with the boston pops
- had a basement flood in my house
- saw muse by myself
- went to 3 red sox games
- saw owen plant live
- saw brian webb live
- participated in the great boston adventure, the great connecticut adventure, the great vermont adventure, and the great maine adventure
- joined a book club
- attended the the hill cummorah pageant
- went to sharon, vermont, palmyra, ny, and kirtland, ohio and all church history sites associated with each
- saw niagara falls
- watched the boston pops on the 4th of july
- went to the circus
- prepared a 72-hour kit
- shook hands with an apostle
- watched the red sox win the world series and celebrated in the streets of boston
- purchased a trip to europe
- became a celtics season ticket holder
- witnessed a family sealing
- got one new niece and one new nephew
- swam in walden
- got a speeding ticket
- threw a halloween party
- got rid of that shirt i've had since 7th grade
- read through an entire issue of the economist
- wrote a grad school essay*
- and many more...at 24...la la la la...
so it's been a pretty good year and based solely off the fact that the staff at bertucci's sang the entire happy birthday song to me (grossly off key) today, i can already tell that 25 is going to be even better!
*note: i did not watch goonies. i was sufficiently talked out of doing so by a true friend. friends don't let friends watch bad 80's movies.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
dear utah friends,
remember when we knew each other? that was cool. today i spent a few hours stalking you all on myspace. i'm glad to see that you're all still in each others top 8's and that not too much has changed except some of you have longer hair. i miss you guys. who's up for bacon and eggs at the corner?
Posted by ju at Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Monday, November 05, 2007
i've started to compile a list of things i want to accomplish before i'm 25. i've only got a few days left. here's what i've got so far:
1. eat 3 square home-made meals at normal times, sitting at a table- all in the same day.
2. read through an entire issue of "the economist"
3. see Goonies
4. get rid of that shirt i've had since 7th grade
i'm sure there's more i can accomplish in that in the next few days. i need your suggestions...