Monday, January 22, 2007

speaking of...

the best part of this trip has been the mornings. i wake up at around 7:30 and as i stumble out of bed and out to the living room my one year old nephew comes running up to me with a smile on his face. i pick him up and go sit on the couch by the fire and he lays his head down on my shoulder and just cuddles with me for about 10 minutes. then he slithers off my lap and off he goes...

speaking of slithering...i got a rental car for the first part of my trip. when i arrived at 1 am in salt lake i was tired and cranky and took what they gave me. later that day i discovered that the car hadn't been cleaned prior to my departure so i made the trek back out to the airport to exchange and get them to credit me for that day. of course, there was no manager on duty who had the authority to do such a thing, so i had to call back during the day sometime to talk to someone, blah, blah, blah. there are few things in life that bother me more than dis empowered employees...

speaking of employees...i hung out with my favorites, scott and drew, the other night (who aren't employees at all, but friends). we talked soccer and music mostly. it was awesome and i miss them terribly. they spent the night trying to convince me to move back, which isn't going to happen, but it's nice to be missed around here...

speaking of missing things, or rather not missing things... i went to church yesterday at my old ward. saw some familiar faces. confirmed that LP2 is sooooooooo much better...

speaking of faces...today i had to schedule an emergency dentist appointment because my vigorous flossing caused my permanent retainer on the bottom of my teeth to pop off (wow- i sound like such a nerd). anyway, they sanded the rest of the resin off my teeth. teeth sanding=painful=not fun. i have to go back tomorrow to get a new one put on...

speaking of painful...on my way back from the dentist i got pulled over. it's been 7 years, so i guess it's about time. luckily the cop was actually kind and just let me off with a warning. it probably didn't hurt that i gave him my digits and winked at him a lot. okay, that didn't actually happen. i was pulled over for expired registration and it wasn't my car...

speaking of cars... i paid one of mine off today, which is kind of a cool feeling. it was nice to walk into the bank with a few thousand dollars, and out of the bank with the title in hand. oh wait, it's not mine anymore... oh, that's right, i was able to pay it off because i sold it... well, whatever...

speaking of being paid...the other night my 6 year old nephew told me to tell my little brother that he wanted him to find a wife, and that he'd pay him to find a wife. i asked him if he wanted me to get married and he said no. i asked why, and he said (using his fingers as quotation marks) "that would be 'junk'!" i'm pretty sure he doesn't know what the quotation mark gesture means, and who knows what he meant by "junk". either way, i guess i won't be getting paid to get married...

speaking of getting married....CONGRATULATIONS MARIE AND PRESTON!!!!! i freaking love both of you so much!

speaking of love...

6 comments:

j said...

So...I had my retainer also come off during flossing, only I was in Argentina at the time, a mere 6 months into the mission. I just broke most of what was left off, filed down the sharp edge and went on for the the rest of my mission.

When I got home, they took off what was left and then asked if I wanted them to put one back on, so that my teeth didn't move around, I said "its been gone for 18 months, don't you think things would have moved by now?"

And thats why I don't have my permanent bottom retainer any more.

Colleen said...

speaking of love...

i freaking love julie and i haven't really talked to her since she left because all we have is gmail chatting and that just isn't the same because i can't grab her arm as i tell her juicy secrets.

Lady Bills said...

i will pay you to come back here... not the same as getting married, but at least i get what i want.

btw- lp2 IS so much better than all the single wards in ut!

IRockButImSad said...

Yeah I make comission on looking for chicks! and you get "junk" hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Rachel said...

Aren't you working on a future hook up for your brother? Maybe you could get a cut from the deal...wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Tang Tang said...

Speaking of fuzzy navel punch (not really, but what a segue!), Julie is home which means I can go to Costco without crying into my churros because I miss her so. Here's to M&Ms and prunes forever!