Wednesday, January 17, 2007

you are now free to move about the cabin

some things i learned yesterday:

  • i'm incapable of packing for a trip any sooner than 2 hours in advance
  • i actually DO like taco soup
  • though i may have sung a particular song well over 100 times, i'll still forget the words when i'm nervous
  • when a dunkin donuts cup says that the contents are "extremely hot" they actually mean it (goodbye taste buds- i'll miss thee)
  • i love jet blue airlines
  • i'm totally a window person
  • it's possible that i come across as an unfriendly traveller. i don't like talking to people, so i usually stick in my headphones as soon as I get settled in, or bury my nose in a book. maybe i should work on that.
  • benedryl and an eye mask work wonders. i'm usually out before the plane takes off and don't wake up until we land. it does make for a groggy drive home though...
  • i hate dollar car rental (sorry girl with lime green eyeshadow working the desk at 1 am. i know it's not your fault that your company sucks and i didn't mean to take out my passive aggressive drugged rage on you. i hope the rest of your night was better...)
  • seeing the confused, then excited looks on my nephews faces when i woke them up this morning was priceless. i love them.

4 comments:

Jeje said...

I miss you already! Good luck with everything out there and hurry back!

IRockButImSad said...

okay, good here is your comment proof that I looked at your bloogggg thingy so ummmm..... K see ya

Colleen said...

I heart Jet Blue, too! They are mos def the bes.

Completely unrelated: I am sharing a comment space with someone hot.

Rachel said...

I don't think people should feel guilty about not wanting to talk to people on the plane. I love you