Thursday, November 08, 2007

well, it has been one helluva...

today is my birthday. my 25th birthday. i'm a quarter of a century old. 9,125 days old. 219,000 hours old. 13,140,000 minutes old. 7.9 billion seconds old (i think, but my calculator gave that wierd E in the corner, so i don't know what that means. shouldn't i know at least that by now?)

anyway, here's a look back at some of the momentous, um, moments of my 24th year...

as a 24 year old i:

so it's been a pretty good year and based solely off the fact that the staff at bertucci's sang the entire happy birthday song to me (grossly off key) today, i can already tell that 25 is going to be even better!

*note: i did not watch goonies. i was sufficiently talked out of doing so by a true friend. friends don't let friends watch bad 80's movies.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you missed out. watching goonies is like hanging on to old year books. either you can't stand being reminded of your junior high hair-do, or you can't abide reliving childhood. Goonies is childhood. to be acknowleged a pre-quarter-century graduate, you must first face your past: Goonies.

NatAttack said...

Anon--consider the analogy I gave Julie to talk her out of said Goonies viewing:

Have you seen that movie Overboard? Goldie Hawn? Yeah, that's awesome. Anytime it's on TNT or TBS I stop to watch. I can't NOT, you know? That movie reminds me of my mom, and got Phoenix summers, and being out of school. You're right, it's a classic memory of childhood. But do I in my reasonable mind believe someone who'd never seen Overboard as a child would enjoy it now? I mean, sure, I could hope, but I'm too realistic. The movie is too classically bad 80's. Good for nostalgia's sake, but as a movie? Maybe not so great.

Yall are going to kill me now, I can feel it.

Ju--are you IN the Boston Pops? 24 was a GREAT year. Here's to many more adventures!!!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, my wonderful friend Julie! What a list! What a woman! Now go watch Clue the movie and get ready for one crazy night at Costco, lady. Helluva...so pretty.

Erin:) said...

ju you were right im glad i checked your blog:) um...i just bought goonies:) and LOVE IT!! not to spill ju's secrets or anything but she's a fan of "over board" lol:)

um...europe?:) when...where...who...?

well my love, i hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

ahhh....i love that your so much older than me:)

love you!!

IRockButImSad said...

BLACKBEARDS GHOST!

Erin:) said...

hi!!!!!!!!

how was the rest of your birthday weekend??:) any pictures???:)

have a grrrrrrrrrreat day:)

Kylee said...

well you might be the only person who can drag out their birthday for 3 days...wow it just means we all love you that much!

that's quite a list of things done--and much more to do...Ireland anyone??

Linda said...

love your list! love your life! love you! Sorry I missed out on much of the celebration. I want in on making this year even more amazing!

goonies never say die!

Rachel said...

I loved your b-day celebration, you are amazing.

ps-the E thing on your calculator means that the number after it should be scientificall notated...#to the power of 10...big number.

yeah, I just did that.