Tuesday, December 26, 2006

me...i want a hoolihoop

ok, so this trip has actually been really, really hard for me. i know that there were a number of contributors to this, and probably mostly that some of my own expectations weren't met, but there have also been a few things that came out of nowhere which have suddenly put me in a position to make some serious, life altering decisions...

nevertheless, today is Christmas. it was amazing to me how my concerns melted away this morning as i watched my darling nephews dig into their presents and have them turn around and give hugs and kisses of gratitude to their parents and to us. as a family this year we decided not to give presents to each other, but just to get them for the little ones. i'll be honest, it was a little hard to put away all expectations and desires, since we've always had a huge Christmas, but such a good experience to truly be able to focus on the real reason for the holiday, and the importance of our Saviour Jesus Christ. i know that this experience, as well as other life circumstances, truly humbled me this year and gave me a better perspective than i've ever had.

this morning i couldn't help but relate to the Ammon when he said, "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you , there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began..." (Alma 26:35- read it, it's awesome)

truly, i have so many reasons to rejoice which i hold close to my heart. i am so lucky to have been able to be with my wonderful family during this time, and i'm so grateful to be part of an eternal family, for which gift i know there has never been more reason to rejoice.

to all who spent the time alone, including my beloved gefeeee, know that my heart goes out to you and that you were in my prayers. i love you all.

Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Lady Bills said...

one of the best gifts i could have been given this year... was your friendship. how lucky i've been to lean on you a little and look at you in awe as i see what a talented, funny, beautiful, warm, good-at-everything girl you are. thank you for giving me your love this year. i can't wait to play with you this coming year!

Rachel said...

I don't know how to top Peggy's comment, all I can say is ditto. I love your freakin guts, come home!!!!!

Tang Tang said...

Merry freaking Christmas, funny bunny. I love your insights and your spirit...being your friend is like swimming in warm fudge.

Colleen said...

Dittttttooooooooooo. I love you.

Kylee said...

you rock Ju Ju Bee! Thanks for that blog. You have a great sense of the real. can't wait to see you when I get home. Love ya lots!