Friday, March 30, 2007

my turn! my turn!

more than likely no one cares, but what they hey...

as seen here and here, the game is this: you put your itunes or ipod or windows media player or some ipod wannabe (or even disc man if your still rockin it old school) on shuffle and fill in each scene with the corresponding song, beginning with the first song that starts playing. you can't skip over any songs, you just have to take them as they come.

the following are what i came up with. things got off to an iffy start, but towards the end it was a little creepy how well the songs fit. see for yourself...

opening credits: "never let you go"- inxs
this song has such a long intro that we'd never even get to the words before the credits were over. also, there's a saxophone- don't all opening credits need a saxophone?

waking up: "slow down"- howie day
okay, i can see the day is starting out on the wrong foot...

first day at school: "treat her like a lady"- celine dion
yeah! sheesh! what's a girl got to do to get some respect around here?

falling in love: "winter solstice"- kaddisfly
"i am becoming ever more aware..." that this is my love life- a wintery solstice.

fight song: "space dementia"- muse
what's more frightening than a dementia? meh- muse always gets my blood pumping.

breaking up: "i slept with someone in fall out boy and all i got was this stupid song written about me"- fall out boy
no joke. this is the song that came up. i don't even know what to say.

prom: chapter 53 of "great expectations"- charles dickens
when are there not great expectations for prom? did i mention that i slipped in some water and fell at my prom? didn't expect that.

life's ok: "where is the love"- celine dion
you sing it celine. actually, i'm embarrassed that this is the 2nd celine song to come up. i wish this activity was proving me to be cool.

mental breakdown: "tourniquet" - evanescence
uh...wow. this is worse than i thought.

driving: "shoot the moon"- norah jones
i can't drive well at night. oncoming lights bother my eyes.

inner smile: "the runaways"- anberlin
okay, okay, i admit it! i'm addicted to america's next top model- you got me! i'm so ashamed!!!

flashback: "kiss from a rose"- seal
oh man, i hated this time of life. horrible flashback. make it stop.

getting back together: "love is a crime"- anastasia (from the soundtrack to "chicago")
amen sista.

wedding: chapter 25 of "great expectations"- charles dickens
hopefully my expectations have gotten a bit more grand than they were for prom...i'm just sayin...

birth of a child: "all creatures of our god and king"- mormon tabernacle choir
and a creature of me! appropriate.

final battle: "all the joy"- rachel mccartney
a wonderful look back at all things good. or, well, it's a rockin song.

death scene: "i hear noises"- tegan and sara
some people see the light, i hear the noises...

funeral: "she has no time"-keane
no, she certainly doesnt.

well, that was fun.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love this game! I think I may play...sometime.

I love shuffle, and I love how you make meaning of the shuffle.

Rachel said...

dude you have a lot of celine dion, well two songs is a lot to me. And...winter is my third favorite season, so the love can't be too bad.

IRockButImSad said...

opening credits: Life Uncommon - Jewel this one made me chuckle.

waking up: Emit Remmus - Red Hot Chili Peppers some how this songs sounds like me waking up

first day at school: Supervision Untill Death - Caliban Need I write anything

falling in love: The Wizard Turns On... - The Flaming Lips this is the fist time I actually sat down and listened to this song sounds like falling in love to me

fight song: Death In The Family - Sparta any death in my family would be an instant fight song

breaking up: Verdiales-Puerto De Malaga - Sabicas

prom: Long Way Down - Pete Yorn and yes it was a very long way down

life's ok: Kenji - Fort Minor it sort of describes a good time

mental breakdown: Every Shining Time You Arrive - Sunny Day Real Estate you dont know how true this is

driving: Bedshaped - Keane it is like my driving smooth sometimes and geting a little crazy from time to time

inner smile: Die - Akira Yamaoka yeah I smile on the outside but for most people I just want them to die

flashback: Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John its so amazing I cannot even describe

getting back together: 涙のタンゴ - 植松伸夫 its from the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack its awesome and something way nostalgic

wedding: 急げ! - 植松伸夫 yet another from FFVII and this one sounds something fierce if I find a chick who lets this be our wedding song then there is no way im letting go

birth of a child: Sunshinin' - The Vines I want the hospital to be rocking this song while my kids are born

final battle: Growing On Me - The Darkness this would be an okay song for a final battle but I really dont like this song

death scene: 21st Century Red Hot Chili Peppers Yes it will be in the 21st century if im really really really really lucky

funeral: Do You Realize?? ((The Flaming Lips)(Remix)) - The Postal Service it says that I have a beautiful face and its a true story even at my funeral