Tuesday, October 16, 2007

nerds are not just candy

so i sit here at my desk wolfing down my soup/sandwich combo while frantically trying to complete today's assignment: master a new computer program by 4 pm and teach it to the rest of us. stress. i text nat with a question about smart quotes, and this time it's no joke. she responds, it works, i celebrate. in the corner of my screen a box pops up indicating there is a new email in my outlook. it's today's issue of my daily 'chief marketer' publication and is titled "a beautiful day in the virtual neighborhood". i view the articles and find that today's issue isn't nearly as interesting as yesterdays "what's awol from web 2.0" issue, and even less exciting than the webinar invite i received on demystifying online customer behavior. i'm disappointed. but then another email appears; it's my daily dilbert, and it's a good one.

and that's when it hits me...i'm a huge nerd.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Nerds are totally hot.

NatAttack said...

Remember how you and I are the tech power couple?

I love geeking out with you.

And the air quotes, smart quotes, and plain text quotes is still one of my funniest/favorite moments from this last year.

Mary said...

word. that smart quotes moment inspired by the birthday border cafe extravaganza aka Rachel's birthday dinner. just a brilliant shining star of a moment, that.

by the way, julie? you are such a nerd.

xo

Kylee said...

is this post written in English?? Just when I thought I was becoming a little more tech savy you had to go and write this post....heaven help me!

IRockButImSad said...

Okay,ss5 nerd-dom must run in the family. Except i'm more like a nerd that should have buddy holly glasses with more masking tape in the center then is absolutely necessary. I am sitting at my computer (2001 PowerBook G3, I really need to update that) and listening to my craigs list bought PC , listening to a podcast about COMIC BOOKS! Dang ill take plus 500 to my nerdtastic power. Hang on if I throw on my cape I might get a +5 to stealth and I can hide my shame from the world. (posting things on the internet for all to read is -1,000,000 to cool however)