Wednesday, January 09, 2008

new name mcnamerson

for the past few nights i've started to again feel the luxury of having my nights free. the gmat is over, it didn't go as well as i'd have liked, but at least it's done and my after-work hours are no longer spent agonizing over why i can't remember how to find sin and cosine, or how to appropriately apply the pythagorean theorem. indeed, little parts of my soul are beginning to reappear.

to further boost the enjoyment of my evenings, mother nature decided to be kind and grant us some 60 degree days. accordingly, i've bypassed the first two stops on my redline commute home and have opted for walking all the way to charles mgh for the past few nights. it's not terribly far and it affords me a walk through the boston common and then down historic charles street- which is quickly becoming my favorite spot in boston. this thoroughfare spans only a few blocks but contains some of the most interesting shops, restaurants, and markets i've ever seen and perfectly embodies the quaintness of boston. every time i walk down the cobblestone street i can't help but feel like i've entered a different world. it's the perfect post-work mini vacation. anyway, check is out if you get a chance.

not much else going on in my world these days. 2008 has gotten off to a bit of a rough start with some health problems and subsequent useless medical advice, but i figure that means there's no where to go but up at this point. how could that not be the case when i'm going to ireland in a month?!?!

and now, since this post was so boring, i'll finish it with a random mix of pictures from 2007 that didn't get blogged, but should have.















































7 comments:

NatAttack said...

Wow. I should really learn to close my mouth. There are a few pictures on there I haven't seen, how is that possible?! We had a good 2007, didn't we?

And of COURSE the year can only go up. IRELAND in A MONTH!!!!!!

Rachel said...

My favorite is the Brian, Nat, Mike sequence.

Colleen said...

Yay!!! I love Ju!!!

Laura said...

i love your blog, but you more. i am hearting you right back. SO let's make 2008 full of ju-laura interactions, like for reals.

oh and i also share in your love of charles street, so if you ever need a cronie... you know who to call.

K. Marie Criddle said...

Pictures rule and so does Ju...you should take more...near Mattapan...

Linda said...

I love Charles street! There are some brilliant places there. I'll meet you any time!! you been to figs?

Lady Bills said...

i just love ya! and i love these pictures. you make me happy!