Wednesday, February 21, 2007

for lent

today is ash wednesday, which means 2 things:

1. i missed a ton of mardi gras parties last night. (dang!*)
2. time to decide what to give up for lent.

i guess i could go with the usual things; soda, chocolate (i'd rather die than give that up), candy, etc...or get more traditional and go without meat (but it's what's for dinner)...or maybe get creative and give up something like gchat or television series on dvd (i shudder to think of living life without either)...

when i asked a friend about what she was going to give up she said, "my assumptions." i've been thinking about that a lot and wonder if perhaps i should reach in deeper and find those personality traits or characteristics or habits which ultimately make my life harder, but which i can't seem to function without- and maybe give them up for the next 46 days.

so, what are you going to give up?

*by the way, i way preferred my pancake evening to any mardi gras party around. there were no parades, no masks, and no beads, but there was syrup...sweet, sweet syrup!

8 comments:

NatAttack said...

Thanks for the reminder! Sadly, I think I'm going back on the donut fast as I've decided to train for a half-marathon.

But knowing there's an end (albeit 46 days later) to the fast makes it doable.

ju said...

nat- we all know how hard the doughnut fast is for you... it's definetly commendable...and i'll try to remember to refrain from brinking a box of munchkins to your house for a midnight snack...

Tang Tang said...

Aaaaaaamen...dat pancake was sum schweet schweet...uh...pancake.

I have decided to give up fish. Rather, he decided to give up on me. (RIP Tony)

Rachel said...

I'm giving up at least 5 of my insecurities...and my seceret devotion to Catholicism.

Linda said...

I was kinda angry when i realized I missed fat tuesday. I have to go a whole other year!!

that aside, I'm going to give up my incredible mind reading ability. (it's in the assumption family) I'm letting go of that one cause it's usually WAY off.

Jeje said...

Last year I gave up complaining about the weather. I think I may do the same this year.

Colleen said...

pancakessssssssssss

Whits said...

Im giving up gchat after 10 pm. Oh crap its 11:36 pm and I'm still on gchat avoiding homework. Whoops.