Monday, February 12, 2007

step 1: admitting you have a problem

today sucks. i don't know why, but i know i want to crawl into my bed for the rest of the evening...or the rest of my life...whatever.

anyway, i was talking to my mentor today about my current situation. not so much talking as near-tears venting. he said something very interesting to me which has a more profound affect the more i think about it.

he said, "your frustration is a product of your own expectations."

okay, so 2 things i like about this. one-it's so true. when it comes to this certain challenge i'm facing, i realize that i am expecting it to be something that it's not, and thereby creating my own disappointment. and two- i love that i have someone like him who knows me so well and doesn't let me just get away with complaining about life. he's not afraid to tell me to take responsibility for myself and to stop complaining and do something.

now, if only i can pull myself out of bed and move on to step 2...

5 comments:

Bridgette said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. my life is... Urgh too. sometimes it seems too much to take huh?
Is everything alright with you?
Wb

NatAttack said...

Sounds like a crappy day. Can we PLEASE go to dinner?

I started my new job today and didn't get to eat. My life sucks.

AND I'm not going to FHE. Boo yeah.

Kylee said...

Sound like you're on to something big! Love ya girl! If you ever want to take a break this week...I'll be at my place!

IRockButImSad said...

well 2007 begins a bit crappy but it can only go up from here

jasmine said...

Umm....so that is brialliant....

and how do I find a mentor? I want one?